Monday, March 8, 2010

Chapter 14

Delila had tears in her eyes. She gave her dad a hug that seemed to last a lifetime, or was it only a few seconds? Letting go was hard, but Delila finally closed the door of her house, possibly leaving behind more than just her belongings. "Remenber, you can use your star bracelet to go into starpower mode. But it only works once, so use it only in time of desperate need." Her dad's words rung in her head. She sighed and stepped into her car. She begun the long drive to the Polar Cave. The stars guided her on her journey. Her tears slid slowly down her cheeks.

Darkness engulfed her. She knew that she had arrived. She stepped out of the car, and slowly walked to the mouth of the cave. She placed her hands on the walls, and slowly trudged inside the cave. She walked the familiar windidng path inside the cave. The space opened up into the underground dome, a hole in the roof of the dome had light shinning through it. It was the full moon that lit the rock dome. Once her eyes adjusted to the bright light, she saw a figure. The figure was cloaked in darkness. A hood cover her eyes. Behind the cloaked person was a trembling girl. She was crying and never looked up from the ground. Delila did not need to see her eys to tell that the crying girl was Samantha. Delila gasped and opened her mouth, as if to ask a question, then closed her mouth. "My dear Delila, I have awaited your arrival." The cloaked figure chuckled.

She pulled down the hood, and Delila gasped at the sight of her eyes. Were some people would have green, blue, or brown eyes, she could still see the whites of her eyes, so it wasnt fully black. "You are the star that is supposed to save the world's destruction. HA HA HA!!!! I have been training for over 300 years, do you think that 1 year of training could possibly defeat me? You are nothing but a fool for believing in the Starpool's ludicrus prophecy. The Starpool did not fortell of my thirst for power. My sisters think of my turning as a fall, though they are blind to the path of power!!!!! They never understood me, they never cared for me!! Though I do not need their love, it is better to be feared than loved!!! I dont want a heart if it means that I will have no power!!!"

Delila ran forwards, but she was stopped by an unseeable force. "Samantha, RUN!! She is going to hurt you, RUN!!!!" She screamed.

"She wont hurt me, becuase... I am her great grandduaghter. I am bound by the dark power of the Anti-star power. It is my destiney to destroy you, I have to kill you." Samantha never looked up from the ground. Delila finally understood... friends will become enimies...

No comments:

Post a Comment