"Delila, Delila, DELILA!", yelled Mrs. Mor. Delila picked up her head and continued her work. "If you wish to sleep, wait till you are in another class, like Geography. Now class what is alliteration?"
"Saying words with the same letter at the beginning." someone called out.
"Close enough, it is the repetition of consonant sounds in words that are close together in a poem, or the repetition of consonant sounds that are similar" Mrs. Mor corrected.
The class chuckled, then continued with their work.
The rush of voices was around Delila and Samantha as they ate lunch. "Delila, what happened? You were asleep in periods one, two, and three, pretty much up to now! Did you throw a party or something?"
"No, its just that my dad kept me up all night with all this Star... nothing." Delila said.
"What?"
"Nothing."
"Delila, I know your lying to me. Why wont you tell!?"
"Get out of my business!"
"Sorry, you know how I get. I wont let one little argument ruin 15 years of friendship." Samantha quickly said. "Lets get to orchestra."
Delila played the clarinet, while Samantha played percussion.
* * *
"So what do you want to do for dinner?" Samantha asked. Friday was the day Delila and Samantha had dinner.
"I don't know."
"Delila! Come hear!" Delila's dad yelled.
"Yes sir." muttered Delila. "Come on Sam."
"Sorry Sam, but you cant go out with Delila today."
"Oh, yes sir." Samantha sighed.
"DAD! That's not fair!" Delila yelled, but the door was closed on Samantha already.
"Listen Delila, you will do what I say without any complaint." her dad growled. "You will not go out, because you will be training tonight. You have to put your magical abilities before your friends."
"Well I didn't exactly ask for the power of the Tenth Star!" Delila screamed and slammed her bedroom door on her fathers face.
Wow... that's ruff...
ReplyDeletePoor Delila...